- Applies to new lending only - cashback is payable within one month of draw down, subject to the loan not being redeemed during that time. Cashback applies as follows: 5 Year Fixed Rate mortgage - £1,500; 2 Year Fixed Rate mortgage - £1,000; Discount Freedom - £500. Some exclusions apply: Further Advances, co-ownership, and loans less than £65,000.
- Paid on the same day as the mortgage funds issued as part of the transfer to solicitor.
Acceptable loan purposes
First Trust Bank for Intermediaries will consider applications for the following loan purposes providing the application meets all our lending criteria:
- to purchase residential properties for owner-occupation
- to remortgage residential properties for owner-occupation
- to improve, repair or maintain residential properties that are owner-occupied
- to purchase the equity of another party to the mortgage
- to purchase property through Co-Ownership Schemes (See Co-Ownership section below)
Source of deposit
Evidence of the Balance of Purchase Price is required and will be retained on the customer file. This includes:
- Statements of savings/deposit accounts
- Evidence of investment products to be liquidated
- In the case of gifted deposits, clear evidence of ability to provide funds together with confirmation from donor that gift is not repayable in the future. You will find our Confirmation of Gifted Deposit form here.
Maximum repayment term
The maximum repayment term is 35 years, this may be restricted by our maximum age limits.
Minimum property value
Loan applications will only be taken for properties valued in excess of £50,000.
Minimum loan amount
A minimum loan amount of £25,000 applies to all loan types (exceptions apply – Co-ownership minimum amount £75,000).
Maximum loan amount
Please refer to our run-by desk for further details if application is for over £1,000,000.
Applications will be accepted on a Capital and Interest repayment basis. An exception to this is Self-Build properties.
For Self-Build properties, the customer will be offered a ‘Low Start’ option, allowing for Interest Only repayments for the duration of the construction phase, to a maximum of 18 months.
Existing First Trust Bank mortgages which have a built in 'porting clause' may only be ported through the retail First Trust Bank channel.
The appropriate LTV is determined by the total amount of the mortgage (i.e. existing balance plus amount of Further Advance) expressed as a percentage of the lesser of the property value or purchase price.
Click here to see the maximum LTV table.
Applications for Further Advances will be subject to the standard assessment and approval process for residential mortgages.
Lending for business purposes
First Trust Bank for Intermediaries do not accept applications for this purpose.
If we make a retention from an advance (for example, for repairs, improvements or road works) we are not obliged to release that retention, or any part of it, if the borrower is in breach of any of his obligations under the mortgage, or if a condition attached to the retention has not been met or if the loan has been repaid in full.
First Trust Bank for Intermediaries will consider applications for properties purchased through the Northern Ireland Co-Ownership Housing Association only.
Where the Co-ownership input is 25% or greater, we do not require any deposit (subject to normal affordability rules). A minimum deposit of 5% is required where the First Trust Bank mortgage application is for over 75% LTV.
Staircasing for Co-ownership buy-out is permitted.
Click here to see more information on Co-ownership.